CSAI Resources Developed to Support States' Peer Review Submissions
These CSAI-developed reports and guidance documents can support states as they think about and prepare for of peer review submissions.
Peer Review Assistance
This CSAI-developed resource contains an overview of the peer review process, including each of the critical elements included in the peer review process. For each critical element, this document contains information on how CSAI can support states in documenting how each critical element can be addressed and met, as well as listed resources that could be used to support the documentation process.
State Use of ACT–Peer Review Results
This CSAI-developed brief discusses peer review feedback to states that use the ACT for accountability purposes. At the time of writing, Wisconsin and Wyoming was proposing to use the ACT as the high school statewide assessment. To do so, states need approval from the U.S. Department of Education to ensure that peer review requirements are met. This brief presents the peer review feedback provided to Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Peer Review of State Assessment Systems Outcomes Report
The CSAI-developed report provides a review of the decision letters sent to states regarding peer review of state assessment systems. In this report, 37 letters from the U.S. Department of Education were reviewed. These letters provide feedback on each of the critical elements, with identification of the elements that states need to submit additional evidence for. This report contains valuable information for states looking for further insight into the acceptable evidence for the peer review process.
U.S. Department of Education Resources for Peer Review of State Assessment System
These U.S. Department of Education communications and resources can support understanding of peer review requirements and processes.
U.S. Department of Education Guidance
- Peer Review of State Assessment Systems: Non-Regulatory Guidance for States - U.S. Department of Education
- ESSA State Plan Peer Review Criteria - U.S. Department of Education
- State Assessment Peer Review Submission Cover Sheet and Index Template - U.S. Department of Education
- Overview of Peer Review of State Assessment Systems Powerpoint Presentation and Audio - U.S. Department of Education
U.S. Department of Education Peer Letters
- Letter to State Assessment Directors Regarding Assessment Peer Review Information - U.S. Department of Education
- Letter to Chief State School Officers Regarding Assessment Peer Review Outcomes - U.S. Department of Education
- Letter to Chief State School Officers Regarding Release of Updated Peer Review of State Assessment Systems Non-Regulatory Guidance for States - U.S. Department of Education
U.S. Department of Education Trainings and Webinars
- Consolidated State Plan Peer Review Process Webinar - U.S. Department of Education
- Peer Reviewer Training Presentation: McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program - U.S. Department of Education
- Peer Reviewer Training Presentation: Title I, Part A and Title III, Part A - U.S. Department of Education