This guidance letter provides information on the authorization of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). In this letter, the U.S. Department of Education discusses:
- The maintained requirement for peer review of state assessments;
- The hold on states submitting AMOs for 2014–2015 and 2015–2016;
- The expiration of ESEA Flexibility Waivers on August 1, 2016;
- Options regarding states' priority and focus school lists; and
- Continuing technical assistance for states' educator evaluation and support systems.
The letter also contains contact information for states interested in further guidance.