Webinar 1: The State Educational Agency’s Role
The first in a series, this webinar aims to help participants:
- Understand how formative assessment fits into a comprehensive assessment system,
- Define formative assessment as an instructional practice,
- Illustrate the formative assessment process as it is implemented during the school year, and
- Explain how formative assessment is represented in ESSA.
- Setting the Stage for Formative Assessment: State Level
Webinar 2: The District’s Role
The second webinar of this series aims to help participants:
- Understand what formative assessment is, its role in a comprehensive assessment system, and its relationship to student outcomes,
- Learn how to develop a vision and long-term plan for formative assessment implementation in your district, and
- Learn how district leaders can establish the culture, structures, and supports for effective professional learning about formative assessment.